Brown rice is a whole grain and a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, thiamine, niacin, vitamin B6, an excellent source of manganese and high in fiber
- it is high in selenium: Brown rice is rich in selenium which reduces the risk for developing common illnesses such as cancer, heart disease and arthritis.
- it is high in maganese: One cup of brown rice provides 80% of our daily manganese requirements. Manganese helps the body synthesize fats and also to maintain healthy nervous system.
- lt reduces risks of cancer: Brown rice is high in fiber and on top of the list for foods that can help prevent colon cancer.
- it lowers cholesterol: Naturally occurring oils are beneficial for the body as these healthful fats help normalize cholesterol levels.
- it is high in fiber: The fiber content of brown rice keeps bowel function at it’s peak since it makes digestion that much easier.
- it burns fat: Brown rice is the perfect addition to the daily diet for those seeking bowel regularity. In addition, brown rice also makes the tummy feel full which translates to smaller meal portions.
- it satisfies appetite: making the belly full after taking small portion.
- Perfect Baby Food: Brown rice cereal or brown rice itself is the perfect baby’s first food due to the dense natural nutrition and fiber it contains. This is a much better choice than refined white rice cereal products as rapidly growing babies and toddlers require nutrient rich diets to help maintain rapid growth cycles. according to veg kitchen and am sure these nutrients are essential for babies.