Winter, harmattan these seasons makes hair dry, thin and brittle. According to India beauty tips “Indoor heating can be as damaging as spending hot summers under a hair dryer. Split ends, dry hair, brittle hair, hair fall, frizzy hair, or whatever your hair is affected with, it can last for several months. So, it is very important to avoid any of these hair issues before it troubles you”
Few hair care tips to avoid damage hair.
- Wear a scarf, hat or cap to protect your hair from the cold and wind.
- Limit the use of blow dryers and curling irons. If you must use them, try using a leave-in conditioner first. Use low heat settings while you style.
- Trimming the ends of the hair once a month in winters helps to avoid split ends and protects the hair shaft.
- A humidifier ( A humidifier is a device that increases humidity (moisture) in a single room or an entire building) can help by adding moisture to the air and also avoids static hair.
- Drinking a lot of water will keep you hydrated on the inside and helps in retaining the moisture in the the hair.
- Go for a plait or a bun where the majority of your hair stays close to your head and covered. By this only a little hair is exposed to extreme weather
- Do not use henna packs (for coloring) in winters as they dry away the hair.
- Use satin or silk scarves during nights while you sleep to lock the moisture from escaping. *This is very important*
- Try to avoid over-brushing your hair because hair tends to be light, thin and brittle.
- Essential oils helps open the hair cuticle so the moisture can be absorbed. Apply a little quantity to the damp hair after rinsing.
- Shea butter is the quickest, most effective way to get damaged hair into good condition, and keep healthy hair from becoming damaged. Use shampoos with shea butter as a main ingredienShe.
- Minimize the use of blow dryers when the hair is excessively wet. Use a towel to blot the wet hair and remove as much water as you can by gently pressing the towel with both hands. Use blow dryer on low heat settings.
- Shampoo less frequently and deep condition after each time.
- Avoid washing your hair in hot water. Use warm or cool water instead.